FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
December 19, 2011
Contact: Oliver Chi
Assistant to the City Manager, City of Barstow
REVOLUTIONS ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
ANNOUNCES SUSPENSION OF OPERATIONS
Business owners cite inability to secure private financing as key contributing factor to current suspension of business operations.
Barstow, CA – Mayor Joe Gomez and City staff met with the owners of Revolutions Entertainment Center today after it was announced that the business would be suspending their current operations effective immediately.
“It breaks my heart to suspend our operations but we just no longer have the ability to self-finance the business,” said Joseph Holasek, Managing Partner of Revolutions Entertainment Center.
During the past two years, the operators of Revolutions Entertainment Center have been working to secure private financing for the remodeled and reenergized bowling house which now features two private meeting rooms, a full arcade, an award redemption center, and the Route 66 Sports Grill. In the interim period, the company owners had been self-financing the operation.
“We have the best facility, the absolute best staff, and we are actively looking for ways to reopen Revolutions Entertainment Center,” said Gary Nogle, Managing Partner.
CITY OF BARSTOW NEWS RELEASE
With the revamped facility and upgraded operation, Revolutions Entertainment Center has hosted bowling league competitions, wedding receptions, business meetings, and football viewing parties during the past two years. In addition, the venue has served as home to numerous special events, including a performance by the music group Far East Movement and an appearance by NFL wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh of the Oakland Raiders.
“Based on conversations that we have had with the business owners, City staff will be exploring potential options to assist Revolutions Entertainment Center with resuming operations at their facility,” said Mayor Joe Gomez. “We will be meeting with company representatives during the next few weeks to determine what partnership opportunities, if any, exist.”
Read more Press Release
- AGENDA for BARSTOW CITY COUNCIL MARCH 5, 2012
- Free ADA Workshop for Local Businesses, Building Professionals
- JAMES MORRIS “SPEED OF DARK” EP AND VIDEO
- Citizens Fight Grading Efforts at Nursery Products Site
- REVOLUTIONS ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
- From the Desk of Mayor Joe Gomez Investigation Request: Proposed Golden State Water Company Rate Increase
- JOBS NOT CUTS! & WE ARE THE 99 %!
- BLM Announces Intent to Prepare Environmental Document for Motorized Vehicle Management in West Mojave Planning Area
- BCH earns “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures”
- BCH and its Auxiliary support area women through mammogram offerings as part of national Breast Cancer Awareness month
- VICTORVILLE COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT MEETING
- ARMED ROBBERY --9/12/2011, 16200 BLOCK OF BEAR VALLEY ROAD , Victorville
- DEATH INVESTIGATION - DROWNING --9/10/2011, NEEDLES, CA
- Really? Poor Impoverished Indian Tribes have spent $5.6 million Lobbying for Casinos
- Road Closure Notice and Traffic Alert - Rimrock Road
- Scandal Continues to Plague Political and Lobbying Activities of Detroiters Bankrolling Shinnecock Casino Plans
- $10,000 Reward Offered for Information Regarding the Fort Irwin Firearms Theft
- GRAND THEFT AUTO - POSSESSION OF STOLEN PROPERTY - GANG
- BCH announces Sean Fowler as the new CEO
- Project Navigator, Ltd. (Pnl) Has Entered Into an Option Agreement with the County of San Bernardino to Evaluate and Explore the Development of a Solar Facility